Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spa Day

I'm coming to you live from the OA Home Spa.

Yes that's right, ladies and gents, I've enjoyed all the finest spa treatments that my home has to offer!  After a relaxing morning of dawdling, catching portions of edited-for-TV versions of movies, grooming the dog, coaxing the dog to pee in the winter wonderland outside, and watching her work her way through the food puzzle breakfast, it was time for a little me time.
















I started with an ACV hair rinse, followed by a microderm abrasion session.  I was then coated in a luxurious moisturizer from head to toe and enjoyed my home pedicure treatments.  The kitchen staff then allowed me to prepare a large cup of my favorite hot cocoa made with almond milk.  I then moved the seat warmer (BB), and relaxed with my warm mug of liquid chocolate.

Ahhh, life is grand!  I plan to catch a little light internet reading, then attend the mandatory and less spa-like budget meeting between myself and a spreadsheet.  Dinner at the spa will be a salad pita featuring spinach, broccoli, carrots, hummus, and whole grain pita.  Dessert is leftover chocolate mousse cake with added raspberries for decadence.

But before I go, I thought I would share the details on the Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse.

Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse

  • 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (if it's already diluted), probably 1/2 tbsp if undiluted
  • 2-3 drops tea tree oil
  • 1 cup filtered water
I placed all the ingredients in a salad dressing glass so I could drizzle it down my scalp and hair easier than if it were just in a glass.  You could also put it in a spray bottle.  Take mixture and a wide tooth comb into the shower.




















Shampoo hair as usual, then comb out hair with wide tooth comb.  Tilt your head back and apply the ACV hair rinse along the scalp line and throughout the hair until everything is soaked (scalp and hair) and the mixture is gone.  Again comb through hair.  After waiting several minutes, quickly rinse hair just a little, and you're done.  Let hair dry naturally.

This rinse should help your scalp and hair.  You won't need conditioner afterward.  (I was skeptical since I've needed conditioner for my entire life, but you truly don't need it.)

I took before and after pictures of my hair, although I'm not sure you can really see a difference besides the straightened vs. wild looks.

Before:




















After:




















Sadly for all of you, the spa is not currently open to the public.  However, if you'd like to partake in the budget meeting sessions on my behalf, I'll be more than happy to allow you to become the pro bono CPA for this organization.  Happy Sunday everyone!


Does anybody else use pantry products for other purposes? I have several multipurpose items, like vinegar for cleaning produce and the kitchen, ACV and epsom salts are good for a relaxing bath, tea tree oil in the washer for an extra cleaning boost, ACV hair rinse, safflower oil is good for really dry skin... Tons of great uses!  What are your favorite home spa treatments?