Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Don't eat without sleep.

So I'm afraid this is going to be a super quick 'n' dirty post.  You'll see why in a sec.

First, though, I'm so happy to hear that you vicariously enjoyed my spa day!  It really was SOOO nice to relax and have a little "me time."  In case any of you care, the budget meeting between me and Excel was canceled, and the spa day came to a screeching halt by the dreaded....

....

phone call from the mother-in-law!!!!  Dum duh duh duh!  Yes, she caught me just before I got to sink my teeth into dinner and I wasn't freed until an hour later.  I think she's learned that she can only catch me by phone if she calls when Irish is out of town.  Otherwise, I always hand the phone to him.


Anywho, on to today.  Which really started last night.  I had a LAAAAAATE into the night work function, so it was about 1am before bedtime came.  The 6am alarm came way too early and I felt like a school bus ran right over my head.  As the day rolled on, I noticed that I was inhaling any sweet, fatty, junky, unhealthy food that I could grab.  Maybe a year ago that wasn't such a stretch from my daily ways, but now it's so very unlike my daily routine!  I'd heard people say that you eat worse when you're sleep deprived, but now I can attest 100% that it's the honest truth.  And now with that, I need to catch a few Z's.  Tomorrow I should be back to my regular blogging and reading routines.  Looking forward to catching up with you all again! :)

For you married ladies out there, how is your relationship with your in-laws?  Who else has noticed that they devour half the city when sleep deprived?!