Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ravioli Retrofit

So I mentioned that when Irish and I went out to eat, I got the mushroom ravioli.  It was less than stellar, and I could only choke down 2 pillows of it.  With 4 remaining, I felt an obligation to try resurrecting the ravioli into something more palatable.
















I am an avid garlic lover, so I added a healthy dose of minced garlic and a few shakes of garlic pepper.  A close second love in the spice department is basil, so I lightly coated the ravioli pillows with basil flakes.  A little savory all-purpose, and careful drizzling of almond milk, and I felt like I did what I could for the ravioli.
















I heated in a small glass casserole dish in the oven at 375* F for 8 minutes.  It doesn't look all that tasty, but that's understandable after the mangling from to-go tin to casserole dish, and the stirring to coat with my ingredients.
















The retrofit on the ravioli was a pretty good success.  I didn't fall in love with them, but they were infinitely better than the original version.  I do try to be resourceful and not let food go to waste when possible, so I figure this was a pretty good result all in all.

Are you a leftover person or not?  Do you ever try to improve upon a restaurant's version of something?  Who else is SO excited for spring to get here?!?!  I can't wait!!