Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Brrr!

So I've pretty much been cold all day.  I'm trying to figure out which leftovers from the long Thanksgiving weekend I want to eat.  The problem is that I can't get it out of the fridge and stay fully warm at the same time.  Also, I'm trying hard not to just grab the pie and a fork and eat until I'm full.  That's not the best solution!

Vegetarian pizza sounds good.  I have the makings. That may be the winner.  Hubby was supposed to put some items in the freezer, but he hasn't yet.  I had also gone a little crazy with fresh produce beforehand, so I've got to eat that stuff up before it goes bad.  Eating by priority.  Delicious, enticing priority!

I have to get back into my groove with my routine again, too.  The exhaustion of getting through the long weekend of hosting my in-laws plus the fresh onset of cold weather (hardest part: cold mornings!) has meant that the last thing I can convince myself to do in the morning is jump out of bed and work out in the frigid living room.  Maybe I should ask for another space heater for Christmas so I can thaw as I work out.  It doesn't look like I've lost much muscle mass yet, but I sure don't want it to happen.  I know it'll mean going back through the soreness and aches as I stretch everything back out.  We'll see how the healthier food affects my body's adjustment into working out, though, since I did it backwards the last time.  Always something interesting to be learned.

The veggie pizza managed to present itself to me in my warm nest thanks to the hubs.  Puppy was next to me, and as I tore through a piece of the crust, an artichoke heart went flying onto the keyboard of the laptop.  I reach for the napkin and the pup angles her mouth over so she can lick the keys clean!  My funny veggie loving puppy!