Saturday, December 5, 2009

A delicious day

I had the most fantastic morning!  We were supposed to have last-minute out of town guests, but we got the call this morning that they had to cancel.  Since we just hosted my in-laws for several days last week, we were perfectly fine with not doing it again this weekend.  It meant that we didn't have to move furniture to pull out the guest bed, put the boxes of Christmas stuff back into the garage, re-sanitize the guest bathroom, etc this morning before they arrived.  Even better, it meant that I got to take a nap soon after I got up!  I have had a super stressful week at work and some residual sleep deprivation from the Thanksgiving week, so it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g to get a little extra sleep.  TLC for the body and soul!

I then ate a delicious lunch with a few of my own creations.  I cannot remember to take pictures of my creations before I devour them!  So, sorry for the lack of pictures.  I had a baked sweet potato with vegan Smart Balance butter.  I created a little date-cranberry combo.  I stuffed pitted dates with dried cranberries.  Sweet, ever-so-slightly tart, delish.  And finally, my pita creation.  I created a guacamole-esque mix with one avocado, one crimini mushroom, and one sweet campari tomato.  Fast and easy, I just combined it all with a spoon, and used a little of my homemade balsamic vinaigrette for added flavor.  Spoon into a whole wheat pita and start drooling!  (I promise that I will write down the ingredients and create a recipe the next time I throw together my vinaigrette.  Hopefully I will also remember the picture!)

Tonight we'll get to decorate for Christmas.  I LOVE this time of year, and I love getting to deck the halls!  Christmas was my grandma's favorite holiday as well, so we have inherited tons and tons of decorations from her.  It's a warm and fuzzy way for me to get to reconnect with her each year.

What a blessed day! :)  Hope everyone else is enjoying today as much as I am.