Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where's Waldo?

Here I am!  Sorry to have disappeared, it's been a little crazy lately!

We had two Christmas shindigs in two days (one was out of town even), so we were MIA all weekend.  Then I had a little scare last night.  I was feeling great all the way home, but I just crashed once I actually got home.  I guess the exhaustion from our crazy schedule caught up to me.

I'm doing much better now, but I'm trying to stay calm and not stress over all the stuff that still has to get done for the holidays.  I am always so horrible about remembering to buy presents with enough time to get them wrapped and mailed!  I had a little freak out when I heard that the "busiest shipping day of the year" had already come and gone.  What?!  I thought we still had oodles of time!

Deep breaths.  We will get it all done somehow!  So this evening I ate the dinner that I was salivating for yesterday.  I concocted it this weekend during a brief run through the house.  Per usual, I forgot to take a picture, and tonight my hubby had the camera with him because it's a guy's night out, so I missed my second opportunity.  It's pretty basic, though, but so delish.

It's really just a Pita Salad.  Spinach, mixed baby greens, chopped bits of carrot and broccoli.  Stuff it all into a whole wheat pita and drizzle a little vinaigrette into it.  Then HOLD ON because the pita is thin enough that it gets messy!  You may have to eat with your chin just inches from the plate, but it's so yummy that it's well worth it.  Of course you can dazzle it up in any other way you see fit.  I considered adding a tomato to my blend, but it was so stuffed and perfect already that I just left it.

I am attending lunch festivities from now until Christmas Eve due to various work engagements.  That's a bit insane if you ask me, but I'm just going to hang on for the ride!  It'll be interesting to see how many of these places have options that I can eat while trying to stick to being vegetarian.  So far I have to admit that I don't think I'm living in a huge vegan (or even vegetarian) friendly hub.  Limited menus for parties and holidays certainly don't include those options, so I'm already prepared for those meals.  I bend, not break.  And now I make green monster smoothies for breakfast tomorrow.  To all a good night!