Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey day recap

Well I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving.  I enjoyed ours.  I ate a traditional Thanksgiving, but I think it strengthened my belief in the direction I'm going.  I liked the taste of all the food, but I didn't enjoy how I felt afterward.  I made a gorgeous and delicious salad, and I ate a healthy portion of it.  Just a few slices of the turkey/ham combined.  Seeing an entire decapitated bird and the chopped spine of a pig, though, was depressing.  That is a spine people!  Here's where that birdie's head used to be!  Sad.

But I dove into the salad-- mixed baby greens, extra baby spinach, sliced apples, carrots, pears, and dried cranberries.  A homemade (by me!) balsamic vinaigrette.  It was so yummy!  I had more of it for lunch today. Then there were the sweet potatoes and peas, too.  Healthier options, yay.

I think from today on will be a little easier.  I have lots of produce and some vegetarian leftovers from earlier in the week.  You can't argue with somebody about trying to eat up the oldest leftovers first!  The other stuff will still be there later (for all of them to eat).

They're back now, though, so I better run!  Hope everybody's Thanksgiving was lovely.  Enjoy the rest of the long, relaxing weekend.  We all have so much to be thankful for!  I hope to sneak away for another post about all that I'm grateful for soon.