Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend recap

So I learned a few things over this weekend.

1) Some hotels that offer free wi-fi turn it off some time in the middle of the night, probably to minimize risk from hackers.

2) When you reunite with old friends, you can fall into old habits.  But on the other hand, friends are the greatest gifts and truly the family that you choose for yourself.

3) Packing a gazillion snacks to take with you on a trip really helps with eating healthy, avoiding gas station foods, and saving money.

4) Eating healthy may very well help you handle alcoholic beverages better.

5) It isn't high maintenance to pack all the items that help you feel your best when you take a trip.  Packing light and feeling like crap isn't a good trade off.

6) Getting used to waking up early really helps when hanging out with early risers.

7) Packing my yoga mat was a godsend, especially when I woke up feeling like I was a contortionist overnight.  Before long I was feeling back to my normal self again.

8) If you've got the guts to get up and dance, who cares what it looks like!  And if you're dancing with a wine glass, you're even safer.

9) Google, bless their heart, cannot get directions right to save their lives in certain downtown metropolises. Thank God for friends, cell phones, and text messaging.

10) Sometimes what you really need is a weekend away from all your responsibilities where you're required to relax, have fun, and leave your worries behind.

Bonus: 11) When eating healthy is a choice you make, you won't miss the other foods.  While others stressed over whether to go for the cheese fries, bacon cheeseburger, extra slabs of bacon and sausage or to stick with their resolutions, I happily ordered my healthy foods and loved every bite of them.  The fruits were  divine and the veggies were amazing.

How was your weekend? Did you learn any lessons or have any revelations?

1 comment:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I always bring a ton of snacks with me on trips, even on long vacations. It does help save money, and keeps me on track (aka, no stops for late night McDonalds!, although that MAY still happen :) ).

I'm glad you had a nice trip. It was smart to bring a yoga mat, as a nice way to wake up in the morning. I need to get one of those, definitely.