Monday, July 19, 2010

Myth busting

Hi my long lost friends!
Yes I am still alive.  Yes I still try to read as I get the chance.  Yes life has completely gotten in the way of blogging.

So here's the short version:  Life was getting a little out of control.  I was trying to juggle too many things at once, and my health was suffering.  Sleep deprivation, frustration, stress, quality time, it was all just getting messy.
















I took some drastic measures that really shook things up for a little while.  Forced myself to create some boundaries in work-life.  Slept when I got too tired, even if that meant I fell asleep on the floor.  (Let me just say that I think my back is now prepared to visit an ashram in India one day from the number of hours I crashed on our living room floor.)  Didn't touch a home computer, blog, email, or anything personal that related to electronics for a week+ on end.  When I did, I would pay bills, check quickly that I hadn't received dire emails of relatives falling ill, and sign right back out.

I had to put the life back in living.



















I have to say that I love it!

I doubt I'll be a full-time blogger.  I definitely want to post as I'm able.  I have a long list scribbled on a piece of paper of things I've been wanting to post.  I may not have many pictures.  I may not be whipping up a ton of original recipes.  I may have a few days between posts.  It will come as it comes.  It will be organic.  It will fit into my life and not the other way around.
















While I don't feel like blogging ever became a burden before (because I enjoyed it), I was pulling in too many directions.  I have wrapped up several projects during this outage, which helps immensely.  I have made changes in other areas of my life as well.  I may have future periods of silence when new projects crowd out the few minutes I have available each night to be productive.  Life always has those curve balls.  The only way to plan for them is to plan to be flexible.

Coming down the pipeline one day soon will be my new domain name.  It's been purchased already so I just have to seam the site and blogger together.  Then from there may be further changes at some point.  One thing at a time.  Blog will be laid back, not type A!

So there you go.  Question of the day is your turn.  What do you want to ask me?  Is there even anybody left??